WOAI/KABB/KMYS / MLK JR. SCHOLARSHIP CAR RAFFLE 2021
OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES
Raffle: MLK Jr. Scholarship Car Raffle 2021
Raffle Area: Texas Counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bee, Bexar, Comal, De Witt, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Harlingen Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, La Salle, Lavaca, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Victoria, Webb, Wilson, Zavala, Starr, Hidalgo, Willacy, and Cameron
Sponsor: The MLK Commission Scholarship Fund of the San Antonio Area Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Sponsor’s Address: MLK Commission, P.O. Box 839966, San Antonio, Texas 78283
Station: San Antonio Television, LLC dba WOAI, KABB and KMYS
Station Address: WOAI/KABB/KMYS, 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78229
Prize Provider: Ancira
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18)
Raffle Period: December 17, 2020 to January 20, 2021
Entries Due: 11:59 PM CST on January 18, 2021
Entries are unlimited.
Drawing Date: January 20, 2021
Number of Winners on the Drawing Date: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: One (1)
Prize and Value: Winner will be able to choose one (1) of the following vehicles:
(i) 2021 Volkswagen Jetta S (Total MSRP is $21,025.); (ii) 2021 Jeep Compass Sport (Total MSRP
is $25,635.); (iii) 2020 Nissan Sentra SV FWD 4D (Total MSRP is $21,785.); (iv) 2021 KIA Forte LXS (Total MSRP is $20,355.); OR (v) 2020 Chevrolet Sonic (Total MSRP is $19,890.). The design, color and style of the Prize will be at The Prize Provider’s discretion.
Stations’ Website: www.news4sa.com; www.foxsanantonio.com; www.cw35.com
Stations’ Website Terms and Conditions: http://news4sanantonio.com/station/terms; http://foxsanantonio.com/station/terms; http://cw35.com/station/terms
Sponsor Website: https://www.sanantonio.gov/mlk/; http://www.saafdn.org/Nonprofits/Grants.aspx
The Raffle is held by the MLK Commission Scholarship Fund of the San Antonio Area Foundation, according to the terms of the Charitable Raffle Enabling Act, is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Administration of the Raffle has been donated by the Station and no one was compensated directly or indirectly for organizing or conducting the Raffle or for selling Raffle tickets. Promotion of the Raffle and sale of tickets is not statewide but limited to the Raffle Area.
Odds of winning depend on the number of Raffle tickets purchased.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter and Win
1. All net proceeds of the Raffle will benefit the MLK, Jr. Commission and the programs and needs it supports. Raffle tickets are $25.00 each and are available for purchase only during the Raffle Period.
2. To enter, entrants can log on to the Station’s Website and click on the Contest tab to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online registration form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, raffle ticket credit card payment information and click submit.
3. No portion of the Raffle ticket price may be deducted as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes. Raffle tickets shall not be re-sold or given away. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
4. For each Raffle ticket purchased, the person whose name and information is listed on the entry form will receive one (1) entry into the promotion. Tickets will be awarded as entries are received. The Number of Winners on the Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among all valid Raffle tickets purchased.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Raffle, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility and reside in the Raffle Area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. The winner must have a valid Texas state driver’s license and provide proof of automobile insurance. The winner is also responsible for any add-ons, insurance premiums, maintenance expenses, gasoline, and any other fees and expenses associated with the vehicle r, including but not limited to, registration, tag, and title fees.
4. The winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, the winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. The winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
5. If the winner cannot be notified within two (2) days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
6. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
7. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
8. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
9. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
10. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if the winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is the winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
11. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
12. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.