Use the keywords below to text a vote for your favorite band performing on CW35's Thurday Night Lights. Text your vote to 44332. The winner gets $5,000 in grants! ($2,500 from Christus Children's Hospital and $2,500 from KMYS/KABB/WOAI).
Short Code: 44332
Keyword: Text votes must contain "BAND" and one (1) corresponding Participating High School numerical band code as listed below in order for the vote to be registered.
Band1 - Clark
Band2 - Churchill
Band3 - Brandeis
Band4 - Stevens
Band5 - O'Connor
Band6 - Warren
Band7 - Harlandale
Band8 - Boerne
Band9 - East Central
Band10 - New Braunfels
Band11 - Sam Houston
Band12 - Edison
Band13 - Taft
Band14 - Holmes
Week 8: NO GAME / BYE WEEK
Band15 - Roosevelt
Band16 - Johnson
Band18 - Harlan High
Band19 - South San
Band20 - Reagan
Watch the bands perform on CW35's Thursday Night Lights!
TNL BAND GRANT CONTEST OFFICIAL TEXT CONTEST RULES
Station: San Antonio Television, LLC, dba KMYS/KABB/WOAI
Station Address: KMYS/KABB/WOAI, 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78229
Contest Area: Participating High Schools: Participating schools are those high schools selected by the Station to participate in the Thursday Night Lights live broadcast: Churchill High School, Clark High School, Brandeis High School, Stevens High School. Warren High School, O’Connor High School, Harlandale High School, Boerne High School, East Central High School, New Braunfels High School, Sam Houston High School, Edison High School, Taft High School, Holmes High School, Johnson High School, Roosevelt High School, Southwest High School, Harlan High School, South San High School and Reagan High School
Sponsor(s): Christus Children's Hospital
Prize Provider(s): Christus Children's Hospital and KMYS/KABB/WOAI
Age of Eligibility: Entrants are the High School Bands for the Participating High Schools.
As a voter, participants must be U.S. Texas residents who are thirteen (13) years of age or older.
Contest Period: August 30, 2018 to November 9, 2018
Online Voting Period: August 30, 2018 to 11:59 PM CDT on November 8, 2018
Short Code: 44332
Keyword: Text votes must contain "BAND" and one (1) corresponding Participating High School numerical band code as listed in the table below in order for the vote to be registered.
WEEK # KEYWORD SCHOOL KEYWORD SCHOOL
Week 1: Band1 Clark Band2 Churchill
Week 2: Band3 Brandeis Band4 Stevens
Week 3: Band5 O'Connor Band6 Warren
Week 4: Band7 Harlandale Band8 Boerne
Week 5: Band9 East Central Band10 New Braunfels
Week 6: Band11 Sam Houston Band12 Edison
Week 7: Band13 Taft Band14 Holmes
Week 8: NO GAME BYE WEEK NO GAME BYE WEEK
Week 9: Band15 Roosevelt Band16 Johnson
Week 10: Band17 Southwest Band18 Harlan High
Week 11: Band19 South San Band20 Reagan
Drawing Date(s): November 9, 2018
Number of Winners on Each Drawing Date: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: One (1)
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) Participating High School will receive One (1) Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollar ($2,500.) band grant from Christus Children's Hospital and One (1) Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollar ($2,500.) band grant from KMYS/KABB/WOAI for the benefit of the school’s band. Total Prize Value is $5,000.
Station’s Website: http://cw35.com; http://foxsanantonio.com; http://news4sanantonio.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://cw35.com/station/terms; http://foxsanantonio.com/station/terms; http://news4sanantonio.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, text the Keyword to the Short Code. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. Each entrant will also be automatically registered for the CW Crew Text Club, and will receive up to four (4) text messages per month from an automated system. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to one (1) text messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
How to Win
The Number of Winners on each Drawing Date will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries received.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
3. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All entries received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the Prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.