Vote for your favorite halftime band! Here's how!
Text the keywords below followed by your favorite school to 45203 to cast your vote!
For example, Band1, to 45203 to vote for Clark as my favorite halftime band!
WEEK #- KEYWORD -SCHOOL- KEYWORD -SCHOOL
Week 1: Band1- Clark ; Band2 - Churchill
Week 2: Bye Week ----
Week 3: Band5-Judson ; Band6-Roosevelt
Week 4: Band7-Harlandale; Band8-Holmes
Week 5: Band9-N.B. Canyon; Band10-New Braunfels
Week 6: Band11-O’Conner; Band12-Warren
Week 7: Band13-Brandeis; Band14-John Marshall
Week 8: Band15-Sam Houston; Band16-Highlands
Week 9: Band17-Burbank; Band18-Brackenridge
Week 10: Band8-Holmes; Band20-Taft
Week 11: TBD – NISD Playoff TBD – NISD Playoff TBD – NISD Playoff TBD – NISD Playoff
The 2016 Thursday Night Lights game schedule:
8/25 - Clark vs. Churchill, Comalander Stadium
9/1 -- Open Date -----
9/8 - Judson vs Roosevelt, Heroes Stadium
9/15 - Harlandale vs Holmes, Gustafson Stadium
9/22 - N.B. Canyon vs New Braunfels, Unicorn Stadium
9/29 - O'Connor vs Warren, Gustafson Stadium
10/6 - Brandeis vs John Marshall Farris Stadium
10/13 - Sam Houston vs Highlands, Alamo Stadium
10/20 - Burbank vs Brackenridge, Alamo Stadium
10/27 - Holmes vs Taft, Gustafson Stadium
11/3 - N.I.S.D. Playoff GameSite, TBA
KMYS-KABB-WOAI/TNL BAND GRANT
ONLINE TEXT VOTING
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: TNL Band Grant Contest
Station: San Antonio Television, LLC dba KMYS/KABB/WOAI
Station Address: 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78229
Contest Area: Atascosa, Bandera, Bee, Bexar, Comal, De Witt, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, La Salle, Lavaca, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Victoria, Webb, Wilson, and Zavala
Age of Eligibility: Only the high schools participating in the KMYS Thursday Night Light’s high school football program (“Participating High Schools”) are eligible to win and are automatically entered. To vote, participants must be thirteen (13) years of age or older.
Sponsor: North Carolina Furniture
Prize Provider: North Carolina Furniture
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per Participating High School (automatically entered). Text voting is unlimited.
Text Voting Period: August 25, 2016 to 11:59PM CDT on November 3, 2016
Keyword: Text votes must contain "BAND" and one (1) corresponding Participating High School numerical band code as listed in the table below in order for the vote to be registered:
Band9: N.B. Canyon
Band10: New Braunfels
Band15: Sam Houston
TBD – NISD Playoff
Short Code: 45203
Drawing Date: November 4, 2016
Total Number of Winners on Drawing Date: One (1) Participating High School will win the Grand Prize
Prize and Value: One (1) Participating High School will receive a $2,500 band grant for the benefit of the school’s band and one (1) recliner for use in the Band room (winner is responsible for pick up or delivery; valued at $497.00). Total value of prize is $2,997.00.
Stations’ Websites: www.kmys.tv; www.foxsanantonio.com; www.news4sa.com
Stations’ Privacy Policies: www.kmys.tv/sections/station/legal/privacy.shtml; /www.foxsanantonio.com/station/features/privacy-policy and http://news4sanantonio.com/station/privacy
Stations’ Website Terms and Conditions: www.kmys.tv/sections/station/legal/terms.shtml; news4sanantonio.com/station/terms; www.foxsanantonio.com/station/features/terms-and-conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Only Participating High Schools are eligible to win and are automatically entered. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Vote
1. During the Text Voting Period, viewers will be prompted to vote for their favorite Participating High School Band by texting that band’s Keyword to the Short Code. Voting participants acknowledge that by voting, the Participating High School is eligible to win, not the voting participant. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. Each entrant will also be automatically registered for the CW Crew Club, and will receive up to four (4) text messages per month from an automated system. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to one (1) text message relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
2. Text Voting is unlimited. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion.
2. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the text votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
How to Win
One (1) Winner will be determined at the end of the Text Voting Period based on the Participating High School Band with the highest number of valid votes received, as determined by Station, in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
1. Only Participating High Schools are eligible to win. To be eligible to participate via text voting in the Contest, participants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, own a mobile device capable of texting, and reside in the Contest Area. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant. Voting participants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries or votes, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received. All votes received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void.
2. Voting participant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Voting participants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest and/or the use of short-code.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates.
5. The Winning Participating High School will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, the official representative of the Winning Participating High School must provide his/her correct name, school position, school address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. The representative must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility on behalf of the winner, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time the representative claims the prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to the winner with the second most valid votes received.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. The official representative of the Winning Participating High School must sign a W-9 form on behalf of the winner.
9. Only one (1) prize will be awarded per winner. Entrants are eligible to win only one (1) prize within any ninety (90) day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), short code providers, contest software providers, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.