Can't see the entry form? CLICK HERE...
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: KMYS / San Antonio Sports All Star Cheer Challenge Powered by CPS Energy
Station: San Antonio Television, LLC dba KMYS
Station Address: KMYS, 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, Texas 78229
Contest Area: Texas Counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bee, Bexar, Comal, De Witt, Dimmit, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Goliad, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Harlingen, Hays, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, La Salle, Lavaca, Live Oak, Maverick, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Victoria, Webb, Wilson, and Zavala
Age of Eligibility: Entrants: To nominate a High School Varsity Cheerleading Squad, Entrants must be currently employed as an athletic director or head cheerleading coach from a public or private high school in the Contest Area, have the authority to authorize the use of the official team photograph of the High School Varsity Cheerleading Squad submitted and have obtained the consent of all members, or parents/guardians if minors, of the nominee High School Cheerleading Squad.
Nominees: Nominee Varsity High School Cheerleading Squads must be an official Varsity squad from a public or private high school within the Contest Area comprised of students who are U.S. residents who are at least thirteen (13) years old.
Sponsor(s): San Antonio Sports)
Prize Provider(s): San Antonio Sports and KMYS
Contest Period: August 30, 2018 to December 3, 2018
Entries Due: 11:59 PM CT on October 3, 2018
Entry is limited to one entry per IP address.
Photo Topic: Official high school varsity cheerleading squad/team photograph.
Online Voting Period: 12:00 AM CT on October 4, 2018 to 12:00 AM CT on December 3, 2018
Number of Winners Based on Voting Results:
Total Number of Winners: Four (4): One (1) Grand Prize Winner; One (1) Second Place Winner; One (1) Third Place Winner; and One (1) Fourth Place Winner.
Prize(s) and Value(s): Grand Prize: An authorized school representative, on behalf of the squad that receives the most votes will receive One (1) One Thousand Dollar ($1,000.) grant from San Antonio Sports CPS Cheer Challenge and the Station, to benefit the winning squad. The squad will also be invited to participate in the San Antonio Sports High School Football All Star Game on January 7, 2019 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. Due to its nature, no value can be determined for the All Star Game cheer-participation prize. Prize Value is $1,000.
Second Place: An authorized school representative, on behalf of the squad that receives the second most votes, will receive One (1) Five Hundred Dollar ($500.) grant from San Antonio Sports CPS Cheer Challenge and the Station to benefit the winning squad. The squad will also be invited to participate in the San Antonio Sports High School Football All Star Game on January 7, 2019 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. Due to its nature, no value can be determined for the All Star Game cheer-participation prize. Prize Value is $500.
Third and Fourth Places: The squads will be invited to participate in the San Antonio Sports High School Football All Star Game on Saturday, January 7, 2019 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. Due to its nature, no value can be determined for the All Star Game cheer-participation prize.
Station’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/cwsanantonio
Station’s Website: http://cw35.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://cw35.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
To enter, log onto the Station’s Website, or Facebook users can log onto the Station’s Facebook Page, and click on the Contest tab to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, birth date, upload your photograph of the Photo Topic, and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
1. During the Online Voting Period, viewers will be prompted to vote on the Station’s Facebook Page and Station’s Website for the Contest. Online Voting is limited to one vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified. Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion.
2. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid, and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
How to Win
The Number of Winners will be determined at the end of the Online Voting Period based on the entrant(s) photograph with the highest number of valid votes received, as determined by Station, in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Residents and Citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win this Contest.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries (including photographs) received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including photographs) become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that he/she owns the photograph submitted, (ii) the photograph does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the photograph complies with all of requirements of the Photo Topic, (iv) the photograph has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) he/she agrees to the terms and conditions located at the Station’s Website Terms and Conditions. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner as the entrant with the next highest number of valid votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s) and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s) contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.