Justin Olsen, a native of San Antonio and graduate of O'Connor high school, is heading to the Winter Olympics for the third time. He is one of seven U.S. soldier athletes making the trip to South Korea.
Olsen will be a driver for the U.S. Olympic bobsled team. It's not his first trip to the Olympics. Olsen was a push athlete for Steven Holcomb's four man crew that won gold in 2010.
Four years later, Olsen finished 12th in Nick Cunningham's four-man sled.
He is also a sergeant for the U.S. Army.
Six other Soldier athletes heading to Pyeongchang, South Korea, include:
- Sgt. Emily Sweeney, Singles Luge
- Sgt. Taylor Morris, Singles Luge
- Sgt. Matthew Mortensen, Doubles Luge
- Capt. Chris Fogt, Bobsled
- Sgt. Nick Cunningham, Bobsled
- Sgt. First Class Nathan Weber, Bobsled