The stage is set and the San Antonio Spurs will face the Denver Nuggets in the first round of the 2019 West postseason.
Denver defeated Minnesota to locked in at the No. 2 seed in the West while San Antonio secured the No. 7 spot by beating Dallas at home to close the regular-season.
In four regular-season matchups, the Spurs and Nuggets split going 2-2. In the last meeting, the Nuggets blasted the Spurs 113-85 in Denver on April 3.
Here are five things to watch in tonight's Game 1:
- During the regular-season, Nuggets' Nikola Jokic posted 12 triple-doubles (2nd in the NBA).
- Nuggets' Jamal Murray scored 20-plus points in five of the last nine regular-season games.
- Denver went 22-4 at home versus the West this season.
- The Spurs went 13-2 on the road when leading after the third period.
- The Spurs allowed the Nuggets to score 105.25 points per game in four meetings during the regular-season.