SAN ANTONIO -- The Holiday River Parade is how San Antonio rings in the holiday season.
Parade goers will enjoy an evening filled with lights, costumed float riders and music. The parade will follow a 2 1/2 mile route along the River Walk Downtown Friday, November 24th from 6 - 9 p.m.
This year's theme is Christmas at the Movies, and the floats will depict holiday movie classics.
CLICK HERE to for ticket information. There's a new interactive map that allows you to easily select your seats.
- 4pm: River Walk cleared of visitors for final preparation of seating
- 5pm: Gates Open to parade ticket-holders for access to the River Walk
- 6pm-7pm: Christmas music performed at Arneson River Theatre (only for ticket holders in that area). Pre-parade carolers will also sing on 4 Downtown bridges.
- 7pm: River Walk Lighting Ceremony - on the Arneson River Theatre stage at 7 pm. Parade goers seating at the beginning of the parade route will have the lights on while viewing the parade.
- 7-8pm: Live Televised Broadcast of Parade, on CW35 in greater San Antonio viewing area.
- 6-9:45pm: Live Parade, The parade lasts one hour from when you see the first float. This will depend on where you are seated on the parade route. See the clock on the main map posted with ticket sales for an approximate time when the first float is scheduled to appear in your area.