A five-year-old boy in Georgia is being hailed as a hero after he saved himself, his little sister, and his dog from a house fire.
Then he went to alert the rest of the family.
Noah Woods/Five Years Old: "I was in my bed. I don't know where the flames came from,” Noah Woods told WSB’s Wendy Corona.
WBS says Woods knew something wasn't right and that he had to do something.
"I picked Lily up, got to the window with Lily, get the dog out, and got out. And got myself out,” Noah told WSB.
Bartow County Fire Rescue confirmed it was an electrical fire that started Sunday morning from an outlet in the room Noah shares with his 2-year-old sister Lilly.
Fire tape is still up all around the Kingston home.
According to Corona, it was after Noah got his sister, the dog and himself out of that window, that he then ran back in to alert his uncle to help get everyone else out of the house."
"If, I mean, if it wasn't for Noah, then we wouldn't. I mean we was all asleep, so we wouldn't have known what was going on so we could have all lost our lives,” Noah’s grandfather, David Woods told Corona.
The only injury, a small burn on Noah’s wrist.
The extended family of nine did not have insurance but told WSB the community is helping them pull together clothing.
David woods is a contractor and hopes to rebuild and get the family back in soon.
He considers this time together a blessing.
"Nobody got hurt. We got smoked up a little bit, but we were all still alive,” said David.
A GoFundMe has been set up for people wanting to help the Woods Family.
You can go to GoFundMe.com to help.
Search for 'Kingston home fire.'